Monday, September 10, 2007

Movie Review - Batman Returns

It had been a while since I had seen this one. I thought that of all the old Batman movies, that this one would be OK for the kids. For the most part I was right. There are a few scenes when Nicole Kidman's character, Dr. Chase Meridian, throws her self at Batman like the fleet had come in. There was Jim Carey's Riddler exclaiming that he had just had a "joy-gasm." That was really it though. We had a quick talk with the kids, before Batman remembered the murder of his parents. The boys took it in stride. For the most part, this was age appropriate.

A lot of people didn't like this movie, or Val Kilmer's portrayal of the Dark Knight. But I liked this one. I thought Jim Carey and Tommy Lee Jones were great. I think folks had a problem with Robin, but not me. I was OK with the emergence of the side kick.

No comments: