Friday, January 22, 2010

Life's a Pitch

Winter baseball starts. It's not a fanatical, "my kid must play baseball year round" type thing. Basketball is winding down soon. Wrestling is once a week, for 4 weeks. That is ending soon. I really want to keep the kids active until baseball starts for town league. Practice starts in April and games start in May. That is a long time. Might as well start with some spring training. It's a low key, one hour a week pitching clinic. Caz needs to work for his control. This will be Coco's first foray into the kids pitch league. They both need to working on their batting but that clinic would have overloaded them. The place we go to for the clinic will likely offer hitting again at the end of this one. The kids were split on the idea at first. Coco was all fired up and ready to go. Caz gave me his "(fill in the upcoming season's sport) isn't my thing. I don't think I will play this year - speech. Every time at time of sign up it happens. I tell him he doesn't have to play this sport, or any sport, but he needs to choose an activity. I would prefer he keep an active lifestyle for good general health, but he can choose whatever he likes. I really think he gets nervous for whatever reason and the speech is just an automatic defense mechanism. I guess time will tell.

No comments: