Sunday, March 7, 2010

Movie Review - The Tooth Fairy

I took Coco and a few of his friends to this movie for a birthday celebration. Caz and a buddy tagged along as well. Me and 7 kids in the car. It was only for 20 mins or so, but still. They sang Ke$ha's Tic Toc on the way down. It's just wrong. They know all the top 40 crap being played and a chorus of "boys just want to touch my junk" is just inherently wrong. Let me tell you, the concession stand was a cluster, 7 different drinks was a chore. I think we overwhelmed the poor high school kid working it. I mean, I only got two bucket of popcorn to go with it. 9 items, Dude. That's the express line at any grocery store.
I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I probably had zero expectations going in. And I like the Rock. I thought Race to Witch Mountain was a good family flick. While this movie was a typical family movie formula, it was fairly well done. A very nice performance turned in by Billy Crystal. Even though he's a fan of the Evil Empire, he cracks me up. This part was in line with his role in Princess Bride. Some of the slap stick and silliness was really well done too. I am not eagerly anticipating the DVD release but it was a good family trip.

No comments: