Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home Alone

Demi and I are still experimenting with giving the boys some freedom and leaving them on their own for short stints.  Even though we were in the same town and we were heading out early, we didn't want the boys to have to contend with getting dinner for themselves.  We wanted them to eat a balanced healthy meal.  We absolutely did not want them to cook.  Even in the microwave.  So I arranged for the boys to join my folks for dinner.  My parents threw some hot dogs (I know, not healthy, but at least there was some form of protein in there) on the grill.  They were going to grill anyway.  My mother feed them some carrots and cucumbers from her garden.  That offsets the hot dogs right?  Anyway, Coco did a great job and called on his way home, confirming he had closed and locked the door behind him.  He even had to go back out and take care of the neighbors dog.  They were upstairs watching TV in our bedroom when we got home.  They went right to bed upon our return.  I would say this nights trial went in their favor.

No comments: