Thursday, October 4, 2012

Soldiering On

Caz is continuing to go to practice while on the DL.  He so wants to be a part of the team still.  He really misses playing.  He's been really great on the sidelines during games.  He supports his teammates.  And his teammates and coaches have been really great to him.  His first day back was the game the next day.  I dropped him off during warm up and he went off to join them.  I saw his teammates and coaches come over right away to see how he was doing.  A couple put their arms around him or gave him a hug.  It was really a tremendous show of camaraderie.  This is really what I wanted Caz to get out of football.  Yes, I love the sport.  But what I remember so much, is the feeling of being part of a team.  My teammates still mean a lot to me to this day.  I could be biased but nothing seems to create bonding like football.  I am so happy he got to experience it.

No comments: