Friday, March 15, 2013

Bowling Night

I had flashbacks tonight.  As I was dropping off Caz at the Alley Kat Lanes, I couldn't help but recall when my parents dropped me off there to hang out with my friends.  I was exactly Caz's age and grade.  The circle of life goes on.
     I am happy that Caz is taking an interest in hanging out with friends, doing a bit of socializing.  You need that camaraderie growing up.  My little boy is taking steps towards adulthood.  Of course know I hope he has chosen the right group of friends.
     We had a talk on the way to Alley Kat.  I know Caz wanted to roll his eyes the whole time but he kept it together.  He accepted that he needed to pay attention.  I talked to him about making good decisions.  I talked to him about his friends making good decisions.  We discussed guilt by association.  We discussed how it only take a split second to make a bad decision that could have terrible consequences.
     As Caz left the car, I told him that he was not to leave the premises.  I didn't want him crossing a very buys road, wearing dark clothes, at night.  There is a McDonald's close by, but it is on the other side of that main street.
     Shortly after I got home, Demi and I received texts from the Lizard King.  He wanted to go with his friends to McDonald's.  He did a great thing by asking.  Of course we toyed with him a bit first.  We asked him with whom he was going.  He listed off the group, which did include a couple of girls.  And thus it begins.    We let him go and he conducted himself well.  A very successful night.

No comments: