Friday, January 8, 2016

Packing with Care

It's all a part of the growing up process.  We had quite a night, last night.  Demi and I had arranged our schedules, asked for favors, and made Caz a priority, all in order to go see him run.  He has a state meet on a Friday night.  It was going to be a family outing.  But then, just before bedtime, Caz declares that he likely isn't running.  One of his relay teammates had pulled a hammy at the last meet.  Two others were home sick from school today.  "I likely won't run."  So we explain to Caz that it's fine, but then we are going to save our chips for another meet, so we won't be going.  "That's fine.  I am still going to the meet."
     Fast forward to 4 pm today.  The meet starts at 4:30...at the Reggie...in Roxbury.  Text - "When you come, can you bring my compression shorts.  I can't run without them."  Next Text - "I am definitely running".  Needless to say Demi had to pause and take a breathe.  I started running calculations in my head about how to make the meet.  Demi explained to Caz that he was SOL.  I ended up at home having dinner with Demi and Coco.  He knew the story.  He needs to prepare better.  He needs to communicate better.  But it's all a part of growing pains.  He did run.  And he ran well.

No comments: