Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Birthday Weekend

This will be a Birthday first.  My oldest won’t be here to celebrate.  Sure he is coming home in a week.  And sure I postponed a family celebration until we could all be together.  But the actual day?  Today?  It won’t be the same.
     Coco’s enthusiasm helped.  He came home from work and rushed to wrap his present.  I could here paper crinkle behind his bedroom door.  He had made Demi take him out last night to go shopping for it.  It means a lot that he picked it out.  And he was so proud to hand it to me.  We both had big smiles.
     Demi went out of her way to make it special.  She was really great.  I was extremely happy to have alone time with her.  We went to a few establishments to eat and drink.  No rush.  No timetable. We took a nice stroll through the Plymouth waterfront.  We drove around Duxbury to see Christmas decorations.  It was a very nice evening.
     Then Caz called.  I had my doubts.  I wasn’t sure if I would hear from him.  We had a nice talk.  I let the struggles with Calculus go.  Tonight was not the night for it.  I wanted a nice evening and I got it.

No comments: