Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Track Season 2018

Track season finally started for this season.  In typical New England fashion, the first meet of the season was postponed due to rain.  The conditions for today's meet was not much better.  It was cloudy, damp and cold.  Really cold.  I thought I came prepared.  I brought layers.  I brought a hood.  I brought boots.  My feet were numb by the end.  The aluminum bleachers don't help.  But these boots should really be warmer.
     However, this is an auspicious day.  The first ever track meet for Coco.  Bigger yet, it was an away meet.  He rode the bus with his team.  He socialized with his team.  That was the win right there.  Coco didn't even know I was there.  That was just fine with me.  He gets more keyed up when Demi and I watch him.  I preferred he didn't know I was there.  I didn't want to trigger his anxiety.  I was just happy he was there, on the team and with his team.  Well done, Coco.

No comments: