Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Back to School - One Final Time

DHS went back to school today.  The most wonderful time of the year.  Coco is officially a senior.  His last First Day of school.  Our last time sending a child to a Duxbury public school.  This is going to be a year full of lasts.
     I slipped Kyle his senior year letter last night.  He hasn’t said anything about reading it.  He couldn’t have missed it.  I left it right on his bed.  I do it for both the boys.  I like to document the big moments and times in their lives.  I made sure to print it. I made the mistake of using cursive once and that went over like a lead balloon.
     Some friends asked if we were sad.  Sad was not something I was feeling.  I am excited and nervous for Coco, all at the same time.  I want him to have a memorable senior year.  He needs to do well.  But he needs to have fun with his friends too.  Make it count Coco.  Make memories.

No comments: