Friday, September 14, 2018

Dragon Football 2018

This is it.  The first home game of the season for the Duxbury Dragons.  The last season for the seniors.  These are the guys I had the privilege of coaching for 7 years.  I am excited to see them play.  I am excited to see them excel.  It has been such a great time watching these boys grow into fine young men.  They likely have no idea how happy I am for them.  They do seem to love playing the game.  That is all I ever wanted for them.  Sure, winning is great.  But the love of the game should keep them together for years to come.  Much like the bonds I developed with my teammates, way back in the day.
     A lot of these guys are Coco’s friends.  They have been such solid, stand up guys over the years.  I hope Coco keeps these friendships for many years, decades to come.  It will be exciting to see how they fare after graduation.  It will be nerve wracking too.  Some of these friendships may not last.  This group seems like they will endure though.  If I had to bet, I would bet on them.  Go forth and conquer lads.  Carpe Diem.

No comments: