Sunday, September 29, 2019

Auburn v Miss St 2019

Boys trip to visit Caz this year.  I talked Rosie into a big time college football game a few months ago.  Later on I had possession of an extra ticket.  So I offered it to Rosie's son and Caz's best friend.  Seemed a great way to get one of Caz's friends from home down to see him.  They weren't going to do it on their own.  I can't blame them.  It's a long way.  They are college kids.  Typically, college kids don't have excess spending money. 
     This was the hottest it has ever been in Auburn, while I have been visiting.  It was 97 degrees and close to 98% humidity.  I was okay day one.  Or at least I think I was.  I felt it.  But we did a lot of walking and I felt fine after.  I hydrated all day.  I though we might lose little Rosie but he hung in there.  It was game day that got me.  After parking the car and walking to Toomer's corner, we walked into the bookstore (J&M).  After a while, I felt dizzy and nauseous.  I got a huge bottle of water right away.  I downed it methodically.  I didn't guzzle it but I put it down with purpose.  We jaunted over to the the stadium and bookstore.  We went to a BBQ place back at Toomer's.  In both place, I felt off.  I didn't drink a drop of alcohol.  I felt so bad, I couldn't eat.  We are inside, so not in direct sunlight.  Before we went into the game, I got a smoothie, just to get something into me.  I kept drinking water. 
     In the 4th quarter, i put on my FitBit.  My pulse was way high.  It was 40 bpm higher than my normal resting heartrate.  I didn't want to be the guy that ignored a warning sign and then had a health problem.  I went to First Aid and started asking questions.  They took my vitals.  The gave me water.  They wanted to give me an EKG but that was in the main facility on the first floor.  I had to walk it (or ride in a wheelchair).  I had to take it slow.  They decided not to do an EKG but monitored my vials.  They gave me more water and granola bar.  At that point, all I could do was walk back to the car with Rosie. 
     We stopped for Rosie to grab a bite.  I thought a shake was a good idea.  I was wrong.  I was up in the middle of the night in intestinal distress.  I had to take the nuclear option of immodium.  I did feel better in the AM though. 
     All in all it really was a good guys weekend.  Auburn won big.  The tailgate was still fun.  Rosie and his son got to see a big time college football game.  Caz got his buddy to visit.  And his buddy was shown some real Southern Hospitality.  Win, win.

No comments: