Saturday, June 19, 2021

Juneteenth

 For the first time, Juneteenth is a national holiday.  It took too long for that to happen, didn't it?  But let's celebrate that it finally did happen.  Let's just celebrate.  Period.

We have had quite a few family discussions around this day.  I enjoy each and everyone one of them.  I feel like we all educate each other.  This is an important topic on which to be educated.  It is continuous, as education should be.  As we should try to improve each day.  I work at being an ally every day.  I want to be an ally.  But I can't call myself an ally.  I can't say whether I am an ally or not.  That is for someone else to determine.  I figure when I measure up, maybe that will happen.  But whether or not that every happens, I will keep working at at.  We are all in this together.  We need inclusivity.  

No comments: