Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer Reading

On the last day of school, I challenged Caz to a summer reading contest. One book a week, that we would pick together. I would read it first. Then I would make up a list of questions. Caz would read it an answer the questions. It works on many levels: A) it gets him to continue his reading, B) we can increase the difficulty level as we go (and he's reading above his grade level already), C) It works on his writing skills, D) he has to reason out some answers, and E) gives us some Father/Son bonding time. Demi and I pushed back his bed time for the summer 30 min. But he has to be in bed doing something quiet for those 30 mins. This challenge is a perfect activity for that time period.

I will provide updates on our progress.

Coming soon: Chinny's summer reading picks

No comments: