Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JV Mites - Weeks Five, Six, Seven

Well, the trip to Italy cost me two games. It was a great trip, don't get me wrong. But I really did miss the team. I got reports sent to my friend's Blackberry. Though they won Week 5, they gave up one TD. I threaten to fly back to discern what happened to my string of shutouts. But after a glass of red wine, I relaxed and nixed that idea. The boys got back on track in Week 6. The toughest game to that point in the season, a very large Plymouth team with a very good program. Thunder scored twice and the D got back to their shutouts.
My first game back was Week 7. We knew going in that this team we were playing was struggling. So all week we put players in new positions. Two new QB's, two new backfields, and two new offensive lines. Kids who hadn't carried the ball yet got to play RB. We ran them through plays all week and it paid off. The second time we got the ball, the offense went on a 10 minute drive and scored the games only TD. It was fantastic. I could really see that what we taught the kids had gotten through. In my opinion, our best game of the season.

No comments: