Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pre Teenage Wasteland

I think I would actually prefer if the issue was just the Who being played really louding in Caz's room, with the door closed. I would even take it if it was Miley Cirus. But if this is a preview of what the teenage years are going to be like, it's going to be a long process. And if we are both still standing at the end, it will be a miracle. He's definitely testing the old man and starting the rebellion early. I am sure each side thinks the other is the the Galactic Empire and each might be right in certain ways. Sure military school is seeming like a better idea all the time but that's when I just need to step back, take a deep breath, and count to 10. Or 100. Or a million. Pool or pond.
The hot and cold analogy is certainly applicable. Although there are more days when it seems that Caz's is running cold. I wish I could blame it all on the early school start time. Although that certainly doesn't help. We do battle over bed time. He's a monster getting up early for school. And I admit, it seems wrong for 3rd-5th graders having to get up at 6:30-6:45 AM to catch the bus. Caz and are in the midst of an expirement. He was extended in his lights out time (until 9 PM). If he can get up with out giving Demi a problem in the AM, he can keep it. If not, it ratchets back 15 mins. And we will go for another 2 weeks. He's not tired most of the time at that time but he needs his sleep. And he needs to get up and ready for school.
Maybe he just needs a tall Starbucks first thing in the AM?

No comments: