Saturday, May 15, 2010

Try Out Day 2010

Well, today was the day. Caz was still mulling over trying out for summer travel baseball up until the end. He's not sure he wants to keep playing for another season. At least this year, I don't think it's the nerves driving the bus. I think he may be legitimately feeling burnt out. I did tell him that he can try out and turn down the team, if he should make it, to give himself some options. However, when it came time, he put his foot down and I wasn't going to fight it. Fight it is the wrong way to put it probably. But you get the gist.
Coco was dead set on trying out. I was probably more nervous than he was. 29 kids ended up trying out. 24 would be picked. "Please don't let him be on the outside of that ratio." I thought to myself. The hitting part was joke. You got 5 pitches. Not swings or hits. Pitches. The guy took about 5 batters to "warm up" and then fired them in from close range. Noticeably, this was after his son went. Pitching was not a strong point for Coco, but he did get in a couple of strikes. His fielding went well though. He fielded everything clean and made good throws to first.
So now we wait. And I hope. And we will deal with whatever comes.

No comments: