Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Battle of Evermore

Well, battle through the teens at most is what I am hoping. You know, in baseball, if you go 2 for 3, you would consider it a great game. But if you go a long weekend with 2 great days and one not so great, it feels like you lost. I think the late nights, sun, activities, sugar, excitement, and so on, took their toll on the boys. So by Monday, they were a little ornery. Which in turn made me a little ornery. I think it may feel like these days happen more often than they do. But on those days when they are trying my patience, I have to keep reminding myself that the boys are good boys. I may have to stifle myself. I may have to breathe and count to ten. And sometimes I may not succeed at any of those. I just keep trying. That is what Dad's do.

No comments: