Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Sign

I think I received a sign that I am getting old. I went to Caz's practice tonight. I really wanted to work the kids on blocking. They all need it. We are getting no blocking. It doesn't matter if it is the offensive line or back. None of them can block. So I have a few blocking drills in mind coming into practice. On the last drill, one of mine, before we went to team and started scrimmaging, I saw The Sign. I caught a couple of kids, who had piled up on the ground and had started rolling towards me, out of the corner of eye coming behind me leg. I went to get out of the way. My foot stayed planted in the artificial turf. My leg went forward. As I did start to sprint out of the way, I felt what I can only imagine to be a gun shot to the back of my calf. White hot pain. At the time I thought I could walk it off. I would stretch it out and be fine. That was not to be. After getting home and sitting on the couch, I got up and couldn't walk. I tried to gimp but it was not happening. If this is the start of getting old, then I want no part of it.

No comments: