Friday, February 4, 2011

Ski NH

Family Ski Trip 2011. I know I write about family trips all the time. And a ski weekend is not exactly groundbreaking. But this was a total Chin family ski trip. Meaning good old Dad even skied this time. I felt the time was right to test out the newly cleaned out knee. Of course I was nervous. It is not like I was a great skier to begin with. I only like skiing a bit. But I wanted to be able to do this with the family, instead of watching from the lodge. I have not skied since before the kids were born. So we are talking almost 14 years. One wrong move and I could do more damage to my knee. But my desire to partake in the family weekend was greater than my fear of wrecking my knee. I really think it will be all right. And I do plan to go easy. I will rest between runs. At the first sign of trouble, I will shut it down.
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind putting the ski weekend toghether, carting them to the mountain, sherpaing their equipment around, and minding the fort. As long as they have fun, I am good. But I would really like to see the boys bombing down the mountain. I would like to see them on their skis/snowboard. I would like to ride up a lift and have that time to talk with them. So I plan on skiing. Done. Decision made.

No comments: