Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Happy Father's Day! A special good wish to my Dad and my brother.

Spending the AM on Duxbury Beach is the best way to start any day, but it is especially nice on Father's Day. Ice coffee and a lemon poppy seed muffin is the breakfast of choice. Demi search far and wide, covered 6 different stores, but could not find the elusive pistachio muffin. She gets an A for effort though. My cousins, the Van Burens, joined us. It was quite the family event. The Van B's son is an age in he middle of our two boys. He and Coco spent the better part of the AM building a sand castle by the edge of the water. Caz slept in the back seat most of the day. He apparently was up very late at a sleep over the night before. This meant that I had a nice, quiet morning to sit, read the paper, and chat with the Van B's. Their girls are older, so they got to hang with the grown ups. Really, the only thing missing was a nap. I could have done that but I was too busy enjoying myself too much.

No comments: