Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer of Jaws - 2011

We just left my niece, Daisy's, second birthday party and are on our way to the Island. It's only a quick stop there. Another family party, a Sweet Sixteen/Graduation party for two of Demi's nieces. We will leave the Giz with Demi's sister and then head out to Montauk. It's as far east on the southern fork of the Island as you can go. It's past the glitz and glam of the Hamptons. I hope TSA doesn't give us too much trouble getting through there. Although it might be fun to crash one of Diddy's bashes.
Demi has been talking about bringing me to Montauk since we met. 15 years ago. Well, I am sure it is worth the wait. Montauk was the fishing town that inspired Jaws. The crusty captain in the moving is loosely based on the famed founder of Monster Shark Fishing, Frank Mundus. My brother in-law worked the dock out there and ended up with a job working for Mundus. Demi's family spent a lot of time out there in her childhood years. There is a lot of sentimental aspects to this trip. We have been talking to the boys about how much it means to her. I think they understand.

No comments: