Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Real End to the Season

If you thought that the end of the regular season for a non-playoff team was THE END of the season, think again. DYF was granted by the governing leauge, OCYFL, a weekend playoff and a weekend Super Bowl slate of games to host. Demi and I worked our tails off those two weekends. The first weekend was about 7 hours on a cold, dark night, with the boys in tow. It wasn't supposed to be that long but it never goes as planned. We took the boys to breakfast the next day as a thank you. We tried to explain that what it means to volunteer, and how it allows them to play football. Oh, and did I mention that I squeaked in a limited equipment hand in before the Super Bowl games. So today is the big Equipment Hand in day. So far the total number of volunteers? 2. I recruited/drafted a part time helper to relieve one of my 2 volunteers. You think I haven't had enough of volunteering by this time but seriously, how do people think volunteer organizations run? It's crazy. I keep saying it. What ruins youth sports is the adults.

No comments: