Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Thanksgiving. It really is a great holiday. Football, food, friends and loved ones. Oh yeah. And pie!

I got up early for a holiday and went to a party. Crazy ain't it. But a high school friend and teammate took over his dad's tradition of hosting a Bloody Mary party before the game. I had been meaning to go for years but never really got to it. But X talked me into it. I am glad he did. It was really nice to see some old friends that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Guys that I grew up with. Guys that I played football with. Guys I went to school with. These are the guys that made football fun for me. These are the guys that worked so hard with me to form a team.

And that is the story I told later that day at the game. To guys I coached with and to the players I coached. This is what I want for my players. I want them to have such a positive experience that they feel like being a part of the team is something special. I want them to look back on this time in the lives and feel it was something good. Only time will tell but I think I am steering them in the right direction.

No comments: