Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Happy Day, Dads!  I hope you enjoy the day, whatever you do.  Personally, I decided to forgo sleeping in for going to Spin class.  I figure if I can get in a solid Spin, then I can go breakfast guilt free.  Well, less guilt anyway.  I knew I was going to stop Eating Clean today.  One day won't set me back too far.
     Breakfast at The Hop in Brant Rock was fantastic.  Too many menu items to choose from.  I had an urge for pancakes.  The omelets are fantastic.  Eggs Benedict are always a nice treat.  But I simply had to try the crunchy French toast, coated in Frosty Flakes.  We lucked out from the get go.  A 45 minute wait time last about 15 with a cup of coffee on the patio.  The weather was beautiful for sitting outside.
     I got to read the sports page in the hammock.  Gizmo decided to join me there.  She was so good that I thought she deserved a walk down on the beach.  We both loved that actually.  Demi got to sit and read in the sun a bit.  The boys read too.  They waited patiently, so we took the to Dairy Twist.  DT offered a Puppy Cup, so Gizmo got some too.  That place is the Bomb.  Great ice cream, very generous portions, and reasonable prices.  Oh, and they have a nice patio sitting area.
     Dinner at Mom and Dad's was nice.  We got a boat load of wings from Pizzings.  Dad got a kick out of that.  Burger, Chinese sausage, summer salad, whoppie pies, and strawberry shortcake = winner, winner, chicken dinner.
     So if it was BBQ, or golf, or the beach, or hammock time, I hope all you Dads out there had a great day.

No comments: