Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rainy Weekend

Sure rainy weekends are a downer.  I was so close to going to the beach despite the cold and drizzle.  I had the cooler packed with food.  I had water and drinks.  Apparently I was deemed not sane and was over ruled. But we had a fun weekend anyway.  We put the inside time to good use.
     Saturday I joined Demi for a hard core "Cycling" class.  Apparently her gym is too cool to conduct a spin class.  I will say it was a great class.  I like the boys seeing us going to the gym and on this occasion, going to work out together.  Afterwards, Demi and I made breakfast for Coco and his cousin.  We got to spend some family time with my cousin's family just after.
     We all got some inside chores down.  Personally, I organized the attic.  It was long overdue.  This included putting the humidifiers away for the season.  Finally.  The boys helped put dishes away, clean the kitchen, and organize the main floor.  They put away laundry and cleaned their rooms.
     Demi and I went food shopping together.  Another good exercise for the boys to witness.  I think it is good for the boys to see the split of duties, the teamwork, and the sharing of responsibilities.  They helped unload it all when we got home. The boys also did a great job looking after themselves while Demi and I went out to eat.  We are still testing out the scenario, leaving them for short stretches.  So far they have behaved themselves and conducted themselves well.  This time we had a curve ball thrown when one of their friends walked down to our house to invite Caz over for sleepover.  The boys knew that no one was aloud in the house, while we are out.  They explained that to their friend.  They made sure to lock the door after.  It was a successful test. And we all passed.

No comments: