Saturday, July 7, 2012

Canonball!

Stay classy, San Diego!
     Neighborhood pool parties these days are quite the environment.  You tend to have the following:  a) adults in bathing suits and matching coveralls (shirts, sun dresses, etc) but who don't actually swim, b) kids who don't come out of the pool, c) way too much food and d) way too much booze.  Seems a recipe for disaster doesn't it.  I mean I am glad for the opportunity to hang out with some friends.  But there seems to be a big lack of the vigilance.  I know Demi and I rotate keeping an eye on the kids.  We check in with each other.  If one of us was to leave the pool area, we'd tell the other.  I don't see that across the board with the other adults.  There is a pretty big range of ages in the kids too.  Mine are in the older set, and as good as they swim, I keep watch.  I do see some parents right there with the younger kids.  Maybe it's just me but some of the adults seem way too comfortable, and way to preoccupied with the adult talk and beverage.
     I wouldn't think of getting bombed in that setting.  Some though, obvious have no problem with that. Hey, if one parent is doing the drinking for the couple and that's the deal they struck fine.  But I just don't want to be an idiot in front of my kids.  Or other kids for that matter.  My choice, I know.  It just feels like a bad idea.  

No comments: