Saturday, July 27, 2013

On the Run

I went running for the first time with Caz today.  Sure, we have run 5k's and the Ruckus together.  But this was the first time we went out on the road to run together.  I wanted to get him kick started on his training.  I also believed that if I got him out on a route, he would be comfortable enough to run on his own later on.  He's a nervous kid.  If this is what it takes, then I will do it.
     I don't worry about Caz on the street.  I worry about the knuckle head drivers on the road.  People drive way to fast on these back streets.  The brush sticks out in the road, which decreases visibility, for both the runners and the drivers.  The drivers also seem to be distracted on their cell phones.  That is why I like to run early.  Far less traffic then.  With Caz sleeping in all the time, I will have to take what I can get today.  Sure we are running in the heat of the day.  But he's out running.  Baby steps.

No comments: