Friday, August 2, 2013

Poker Night

Caz had been having Friday night poker night with his crew.  They really a good bunch of kids.  Tonight was poker night at the Chins.  The boys all brought something to contribute.  One brought Coke.  On brought pretzels.  One brought cookies.  Caz bought Pizza.
     The boys set up with my poker set.  It is a real nice one, given to me by my buddy, Russ.  Russ gave a set to each member of his wedding party.  Each of the boys had their stack of chips.  A brand new deck of cards was opened.  They were ready to rock.
     Apparently, Caz was the winner of the first pot.  That must have been just before I heard a banging at the bulkhead.  I went to the window over the kitchen sink to see Caz's friend, Martin, trying to get in the bulkhead.
     "Hi, Mr. Chin.  I didn't want to wake anyone up.  So I was trying to get their attention."  (What a good kid.  It was 10 pm at night after all.)
     "No problem, Martin.  Did they hear you?"
     "Yes."
Party on Wayne.  Party on Garth.

No comments: