Saturday, August 10, 2013

Paleo Day 6

I can't believe I slept in so late today.  That never happens.

Today was a planned day off from running or spinning.  I need to give my legs a rest.

Paleo baking day can be declared an unmitigated disaster.  I am now 0-3 with this Paleo cookbook.  The pumpkin spice muffins weren't terrible, but very dense.  I can use them as paperweights.  The pumpkin pancakes were troublesome.  The batter looked like I was trying to pour gingerbread onto the pan.  I tried to loosen it up but then the batter just didn't want to congeal..  I decided to make muffins out of the batter after 3 attempts at pancakes.  A lot of work for not a lot of food   Oh well.

I may need to relax my Paleo today.  Little brother has a smoker full of meat (all Paleo) but the sides need to be tried.  Falafel and some corn boat side dish.  Both look amazing.  I mouthful of each can't hurt, right?

No comments: