Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trials & Tribulations

That is likely an over dramatic title.  Lots of families have it way harder than we do.  We are very fortunate.  And we know it.
     Demi goes in for surgery today.  It's a hip scope.  Very routine these days.  Hopefully, she will only be down for a short while.  At least a week on crutches.
     The boys are really going to have to step it up.  Demi is going to need a lot of care.  The house is going to need a lot of care.  I am up for it.  I can cook.  I can do laundry.  I can clean.  I can parent.  The boys are going to have to be more self sufficient though.  The are going to have to get themselves up in the morning, brush their teeth, comb their hair, and get out the door to the bus.  They really should be able to do that on their own.  I know I sound like every parent, but I was able to do that at their age.  It is not unreasonable to expect that they can too.

No comments: