Tuesday, September 17, 2013

XC Team Night

at the Olive Garden....
     Well, hey....they're kids.They like it.  It's all the counts.
     This is Caz's first team outing.  It's a big deal.  It's also a Tueday night and this thing is not exactly around the corner.  But it's what you do as a parent.  I want him to hang with his team.  I want him to bond with them.  I like that a third of the team are freshmen.  He gets to interact with upperclassmen but he will also have a core going through the ranks with them.
     I had pick up duty.  About 8:45 I was getting antsy.  I was so tired and all I wanted to do was to go to sleep.  Fortunately the timing worked, and I was able to go get him and return before 10.  He had fun.  Didn't sound like the waitress did.  25 kids.  25 separate checks.  I had to explain to Caz what a pain that is for a waiter/waitress.  Kids don't appreciate that.

No comments: