Sunday, April 20, 2014

National Lampoons Chinny Vacation

Day One - We are off on our vacation.  It's an early start.  Really early.  The airport limo, which was a present from my brother and sister in-law, came to pick us up at 5 AM.  No problem for your truly, as I have been up since 3 AM.  I woke up in a panic that my sons iPod sync had failed.  I amble downstairs to find that I was right.  After 45 mins of trouble shooting, I finally figured out the issue.  One changed cord later and the sync was back on.  The things we do for our kids.  I wonder if he will even appreciate it.
     The boys were really great about getting up.  We were up and out the door with all the luggage when the van showed up.  They even beat Demi out of the house.  No arguments, no crabbiness, nothing......
     The plane ride went well.  Both of them.  We made our connections.  Our luggage arrived.  We even took some plane selfies, which became a "thing" for the Chinny Vacation.  Bonding was off to a great start.
     The condo in Ruidoso was fantastic.  Our friends really hooked us up.  We all had our own bedrooms and bathrooms.  We all had TV's(not that there was much time for watching).  And there was a hot tub on the deck.  We had a great dinner at a local place that service Mexican food.  Then we relaxed in the hot tub.  We all turned in early and slept soundly.  Off to a great beginning.

No comments: