Sunday, August 13, 2017

Packing

It's getting real now.  There are stacks of clothes everywhere.  The suitcases are out.  The college supplies are bundled together.  Our little boy is going off to college.
     Caz took his mom out yesterday afternoon.  They went down to the Plymouth waterfront.  Lunch was fried seafood at the Lobster Hut.  They walked the jetty, out into Plymouth bay.  Then, they got some ice cream.  I think Demi enjoyed every second.  She is going to miss him.  We all are.
     I know I am having my moments of melancholy.  Caz makes me laugh.  He makes me crazy too.  Isn't that what family does?  Make you crazy?  I am excited for.him.  College is a big deal.  He would have left for Auburn weeks ago, if he could have.  I happy for this time with him.  It is a new chapter for him.  It is a new chapter for us too.  The daily routine will be down to 4 of us, Demi, me, Coco & Gizmo.  That will have it's own dynamic.

No comments: