Wednesday, February 21, 2018

College Tour - Travel Day 2

Today, was another long drive.  It is 5 hours from Tallahassee to Athens, GA.  We left at a decent time.  I din't make Coco get up too early.  I figure we would stop for lunch in Macon, GA.  I had talked Coco into letting me stop at the Big House Allman Brothers Museam in Macon.  He didn't hesitate in answering yes.
     Of course, as things tend to go with the best laid plans, my side trip was not meant to be.  As I went to turn into the Big House, I noticed the gate was closed.  And locked.  I couldn't even pull over on the main road.  I parked at the first side street.  I walked back and took as may pictures as I could.  Then I punched in a search to Google Maps to find lunch.  We found a great little sandwich shop actually.  A hidden gem.
     We reached Athens early/mid afternoon.  After checking into the motel, conveniently located by a frat house and an adult video store......Coco and I walked to the UGA bookstore.  Coco really didn't want to walk but this kid needed to move his body.  We hoofed it over and found the bookstore, no problem  We even got a peek inside the football stadium.
     We had dinner at The Place.  If you ever go to Athens, I highly recommend it.  The food was terrific.  The chicken and waffles were life changing.  I mean, candied bacon?  How can you pass on that.  Dessert was amazing as well.  After dinner, we walked it off by check out some of area.  It is a really nice downtown.  It's bigger than Auburn.  A lot more choices of places to eat and things to do.

No comments: