Monday, January 7, 2019

Term 2 2019

Caz went back to Auburn today.  It’s always a bittersweet day.  I have said this before, and I will say it again.  I am happy that he loves Auburn and he is always eager to return.  But I still have a tough time saying goodbye.
     Caz had been itching to go back for days.  He was more than ready.  I remember that feeling. I couldn’t wait to get back to Colby after New Years.
     He is getting good at this traveling thing.  He checked in for his flight yesterday, without being reminded.  He put his boarding pass on his phone.  He packed himself (after Demi did his laundry).  He even cleaned up the living room (mostly).
     Caz was ready when I came back from the gym.  He was up already.  He went to say goodbye to Demi, while I jumped in the shower.  We made himself a breakfast sandwich for the road.  We had a nice ride into the airport, despite the traffic.  It was nice conversing about college, friends and football.
     I will miss him.  But he is where he belongs.

No comments: