Sunday, February 3, 2019

Super Bowl Sunday 2019

aka Janet Jackson Appreciation Day
     Patriots vs Rams Part Deux
I admit, I was getting increasingly nervous as kickoff approached.  I am not sure if the cause was the game or that it was going to be my last one watching with one of the boys.  It had hit me days ago, that next year, I will be watching with Demi only.  Then the curve ball came.
     Forty five minutes before kickoff, Coco asked if he could go to a friend’s house.  His crew was getting together to watch the big game.  There was no way to say no.  I love that he would be with his friends.  But a part of me was sad.  Demi and l offered food & snacks he could bring.  We gave him the standard warnings.  We asked him to be wary of other drivers.  He promised to text when he was leaving.  Then he was off.
     At least the Patriots won.  Title number 6.  Lowest scoring Super Bowl ever.  Not exciting for the casual fan.  But cue the duck boats!  It’s time for a parade!

No comments: