Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter 2019

Another successful family holiday.  We had my side of the family over for Easter dinner.  We are not religious folk.  We are not observing the holiday as a lot of people do.  But it is a reason to get your loved ones together, eat good food and drink merrily.
     Demi does invite her family.  Some used to come occasionally.  With more of them in NC now, I think those days are over.
     Demi will not allow us to host and to run out of food.  There will never be a doubt that there will be enough food.  No one will go hunger.  No one will go thirsty either.  There was lamb, roasted veggies, 2 styles of mac & cheese, salad, lasagna and croissants.  That was just dinner. For starters, there was a salmon pate, shrimp ring and charcouterie.  Dessert was a strawberry shortcake trifle and key lime pie.  Winner, winner!
     Having the family around was nice.  Sure my parents are next door but they don’t leave the house much.  My brother’s family just got back from a very long road trip to NC to see my sister in-law’s family.  My brother’s kids are a great age for Easter.  They still believe in the Easter Bunny.  They like to have Easter egg hunts.  Coco is a great sport.  He likes to participate with them.  Caz would too, but being off to school, he can’t.  Holidays aren’t the same with out him.  This was the last Easter  with at least one of my sons around.  That is why it is so important to get in the extended family time while you can.  And different is OK.  It doesn’t mean it’s bad.  I just miss my son.  And I will miss them both next year.

No comments: