Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Patriots vs Duxbury

What a way to end the month!  The Patriots Charity team came to DHS to play the Duxbury “All-Stars” for charity.  Our friends & neighbors had extra tickets & invited Coco and me.  Not only were they tickets, they were VIP tickets.  We got in early.  There were wristbands for autographed footballs, thrown by Patriot players.
     We stayed out seats in the front row, right by the Patriots bench.  We were eager to see which Patriots showed up.  I recognized Jonathan Jones early.  He played college ball at Auburn.  War Eagle!  Coincidentally, I had my orange Auburn sweatshirt on.  I tried to get his attention.  I had to sneak a picture of hi on the bench to send to Caz.
     Coco initially turned down a wristband.  He gets shy at the oddest times.  Even when Rosie, Caz’s buddy got one, he bailed.  A second attempt did the trick though.  He capitulated.  In the end, he got to catch on over the shoulder pass from Elandon Roberts.  What a memory!  I am so glad we went.  We have such a short time left before he goes off to college.  I plan to take advantage of all that time.

No comments: