Sunday, June 23, 2019

Graduation Party 2019

Demi pulled off a major feat.  I shouldn't be surprised.  She is the Super Hostess.  She can plan a party like an All-Star.  This graduation party was one for the record books.
     Coco had more input that Caz did for his.  Coco had a vision.  And that vision was The Office.  Coco wanted decorations from episodes of the office.  I had no idea what that entailed.  I should have known standard white paper stock would be in line.  Upside down, brown & yellow balloons were also features.  The food was taco based.  Coco wanted a taco bar.  Apparently, so did all his classmates.  Every party we have gone too, has had guacamole, sour cream, salsa, nachos, hot sauce and taco meats.  Demi cooked all of it for Coco's party.  I thought that was overly aggressive but she pulled it off.  And she did it in advance.  We were gone for the better part of four days for Orientation, leading up to the party.  There were 3 different kinds of corn for Pete's sake.
     There was a great showing of my cousins for this party.  It was nice to see some of them and their kids, who I haven't seen a quite some time.  And really, it was my side of the family that dominated the attendance, which is very abnormal.  I can't say I was happy about that leading up.  Sure, there is going to be a joint party, which includes Coco, in NC in July.  Sure, we are the family that lived out of state.  But we asked the family to be in MA for family events 4 times in twenty odd years, with about that much time span in between half of them.  I didn't think that was too much to ask.  But what do I know?
     The important thing is that Coco was happy.  He and his friends really had a good time.  He let Caz invite quite a few friends too.  Caz and his buddies had fun too.  Coco was able to socialize with adults, entertain his young cousins and children of family friends, and he was able to party with his pals.  They were up late, always a sign of a good time.  They slept late.  And his buddies came back to help pick up.  They really are a good bunch of kids.  Coco was appreciative too.  He hugged and thanked Demi a half dozen times.  He hugged and thanked me.  I think the showering of love humbled him.  What a party!

No comments: