Friday, December 14, 2007

Griswald Christmas Vacation

We're off to the Island for the annual Christmas with the in-laws. The kids are really looking forward to seeing their cousins. I think this is great. We don't get to see them as much as we would like, but I love that the boys genuinely like to see their cousins. I only had 2 cousins growing up and it was not the same. Part of it I am sure, is that I was the oldest by 4 years. And my oldest cousin was a girl. Just not a lot in common. The family holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) were generally the only time I would see them. With the Griswalds, all the cousins seem to get along. They are really well behaved when they are all together. Our kids are old enough, that I don't have to be on top of them every minute. It's hard. There are 10 kids and 14 adults milling about the house. It can get very chaotic. It's fun though. The dinner is great. Just a ton of food. Sauer Braten, Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Mash Potato, Sweet Potato, Gravy, Green, Beans....well you get the picture. And dessert? Forget about it. Cheesecakes, cookies, brownies, fudge, chocolate fondue, gingerbread....The Griswalds put out a great spread. But the company is what counts. My in-laws are great. The work hard to make it fun for everyone.

No comments: