Friday, June 6, 2008

Gizmo

Well, we finally moved closer toward the national average. We took the plunge and picked up a pooch. We are still short the .5 kid though. Demi and I had toyed with the idea for some time, before launch an exhaustive search. We used Petfinder. We scoured the shelters, far and near. Many times we received no response at all. Our needs (OK my needs. My allergies.) dictated the type of breed which was more robust that I expected. But the breeds that fit the bill were the small dogs. Typically, that would not be my first choice. However, the dogs that bother my allergies are all the bigger dogs. As chance would have it, right when our spirits were being dimmed, we came across an unexpected opportunity to see a litter of Shih Tzu puppies. They were 9 weeks old at the time. Caz was at a birthday party, so Coco was the lone child with us. All three of us got on the floor to play with the puppies. I can usually tell within minutes if a dog will set of my allergies. After 15-20 minutes, I knew I was in the clear. Gizmo was the largest of the females. All she wanted to do was snuggle with Coco. They hit it off instantly. So we walked out with a new dog. Caz was so excited he screamed when he got in the car and saw her. It seems this national average life, is off to a great start.

No comments: