Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Storm Chasers

Thunder and lightning. And no, I am not talking about the DYF JV Mites. It has been a crazy storm week. The sky has gone black. The winds pick up out of nowhere, from zero to hurricane force gusts in no time. The thunder has been loud. The lightning has been spectacular. I really expected a couple of middle of the night visits from the boys, because they storms woke me up. But so far, so good. They have slept right through them. Storms don't really bother the boys. They shrug it off. It may be that Demi and I make a positive fuss about the storms. We are always interested in seeing the lightning and hearing the thunder. We make it a sort of event.

I would expect them to wake up and have trouble going back to sleep. Especially, with the A/C window units in each their rooms. Even Gizmo doesn't seem to mind. I think the first morning of storms brought a puddle to the kitchen linoleum but at only 11 weeks old, it could still be the house training. We have been fortunate, all the way around.

No comments: