Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Football

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is no better tradition that high school football being played on Thanksgiving. Just the way the Pilgrims envisioned it. The whole traditions really starts the night before at your local bar. All the alumni come home to see the family and head out early to start drinking, telling stories, and exaggerating their former prowess on the gridiron. There is the annual early morning parties before the game with Bloody Mary's for all. The game starts at 10 AM. The weather can be tricky but the last couple of years have been cooperative. It was cold but sunny and clear this year. I was able to successfully avoid most of the distractions, having to glad hand everyone I see. Caz sat for the entire game, on the fence to the left of the stand and team, with his buddies. He never left that seat. It was great. I didn't have to worry about chasing him around. I got to sit in the stand with Coco, which was a nice surprise. We sat next to Conan and his son, Tiki. Coco did go play some football with his crew for a bit, but ended up back with me. It was really a great day. Demi got to stay home and cook with no distractions. It is really the way she wanted it. So we all made out in the bargain. And the Dragons won in convincing fashion.

No comments: