Monday, January 30, 2012

Tales from the T - January 2012

I could probably dedicated a whole blog to my commute to and from work using the Red Line on the MBTA. Tonight was another treat. I infrequently wear headphones during the evening commute. During that trip, I usually read and don't need to pretend to tune out the world. But tonight, I had the headphones. No music. Just headphones. I was reading, when I hear a faint growl. I took out one earphone as the growling gets louder and louder. It ends with a loud roar. This is promptly followed by, "Hate the city! Die all you MF'ers!". This series repeats, over and over. I take the earphones out and put them away. I want to be able to hear everything. I know it's coming from the other end of the train, but I can't see the perpetrator. I slightly turn my body in that direction to improve my sight line. I want to be able to see it coming, if this crazy man gets up and takes action. Fortunately, 3 stops later he gets up.....and gets off the train. Crisis averted.

No comments: