Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

How is it that I need a vacation day from spending two long days at the beach?  I mean it.  I am wiped.  I got up early, so I decided to watch a movie - Battle: Los Angeles.  Much better than anticipated, after it got panned and bombed at the box office.  There was a long process of cooking breakfast, but then I spent hours cleaning the garage and organizing the shed.  But I felt much better by the end of it.  I guess the sun really does take it out of you.  Could have been the 8.5 mile run to the beach too, but who knows?
     What really made my day was throwing the football in the front yard with Caz.  I tried not to coach while we were doing it.  I really just wanted to spend some time with him.  I think if I critiqued his catching, he would get irritated.  The Lizard King would rear it's head.  Then I would have to bee hive him and wall him up.......It was really great though.  We threw until my arm fell off.  Then we grabbed Gizmo and let her chase us around the yard.  What better way to spend the last day of summer?

No comments: