Saturday, December 1, 2012

The End of an Era

Well, Caz's football season is done.  His last youth game has been played.  Hard to believe.  It seems like just a short time ago, that he was a Mighty Mite. 
     I put together a memento of his youth playing days today.  A photo journal from his first Mighty Mite days to his final 8th grade game.  It was fun for me to go through the pictures.  I got to relive a lot of those times.  That was my first foray into coaching kids.  I have said it before and I will say it again, you may think you know a lot about football (or any subject for that matter) but trying to explain and teach it to kids is a whole other matter.  Here I am, 7 season later and I am still learning to do it. 
     I really enjoyed seeing all the old pictures.  Caz has grown so much.  Not just in size.  He has grown to love the sport.  I think he will miss the youth days soon.  He's training for next year already.  And he was eager to do it.  He couldn't wait for Dragon's Lair (the strength and conditioning program offered by the high school coach) to begin. 
     This project is going to be a Christmas gift.  I hope he enjoys looking through it, as much as I have putting it all together. 

No comments: