Saturday, December 8, 2012

Weekend at Dan'l's

Demi told me to pack a bag for a weekend getaway.  That is all the information provided.  I was told that I didn't need winter clothes but something nice to go out to dinner in.
     Turns out Demi booked a couple of nights at the Dan'l Webster Inn.  It wasn't far, only over the bridge to the Cape.  But it seemed like a world away while we were there.
     As much as I love the boys, you do need a break once in while.  On both sides.  The boys got to hang out with my Brother and his family.  They enjoyed their cousins.  They got to eat wings and burgers with their uncle.  Life was good.
     Life was good for us too.  Isolation.  What to do?  Sleep in?  What a novel idea.  Sit and read, uninterrupted.  Nice treat.  Just having options was really a nice change.
     By the end of the weekend, Demi and I were both missing the boys.  It's natural.  But the break served it's purpose.  Both sides are refreshed.  Ready to get back at it.  Sure there may be re-entry issues.  But you do appreciate each other all the more.

No comments: