Sunday, June 9, 2013

College Prep

I, officially, declare the college visit for the boys a success.  Regardless of the good time I had, the boys enjoyed the trip too.  I feel they got a good balance of fun and education.
     I got to give the boys their own, custom, guided tour of campus.  We took a look at all my old dorms.  We walked through one extensively to see the lounge, the rooms, and the layout.  We got to see some of the new dorms too.  I showed them all the buildings, in which I had attended classes.  We explored the new classrooms and buildings together.
     The boys even got to experience a lecture.  One of my classmates is the assistant GM for an NFL team.  The topic was of interest to them.  The talk was executed well.  The new classroom was in great shape.  I think that was a good test run for the boys.
     There were some family events too.  Those were really geared towards younger kids, but my boys did not pass up the snow cones.
     We walked up the clock tower above Miller Library.  The view down was amazing.  Both of the boys took pictures from above.  They were also fascinated by the inner workings of the clock, which we had to pass on the stairs up and down.
     The trip to Big G's didn't hurt either.  Their sandwiches are just as amazing as I remembered.  And just as big too.  Coco had his menu set for days before he even stepped foot in there.  The whoopie pies were astounding.  But the whookie?  Out of this world.  Two dinner plate size chocolate cookies with M&M's, with whoopie pie filling.  Unbelievable!
     I got to show of Demi and the kids to my classmates too.  My classmates got a kick out of them.  And in turn the family enjoyed meeting them.  The boys even got to see the party at class HQ, when they arrived late Friday night.  It was not an enjoyable drive for Demi.  The party was pretty tame at that point and folks were still well behaved.  The boys got to see adults cutting loose a bit but not a free for all.  I call that educational too.

No comments: