Friday, June 14, 2013

Like a Rolling Stone

Big concert tonight.  The Rolling Stones.  50th Anniversary tour.  TD Boston Garden.  I had to go.  It could be their last tour.  I am really excited to see it with my son.  Caz seems genuinely excited to see them.  And as a bonus, I get to go with my Colby friend.  We went to my first Stones concert together.
     The Stones sounded fantastic.  Sure they slowed down a bit.  But the stage was cool, a big tongue where the VIP section was in the middle of the tongue.  They brought out Mick Taylor to play his classic Midnight Rambler solo.  Keith sang a few of the songs.  Mick changed his wardrobe frequently.  Charlie finally looks his age.  Ron Wood was smoking - literally and figuratively.  The fan voted song of the night was one of my favorites - Memory Motel.  The encore featured the BU Chapel Choir for You Can't Always Get What You Want.  It was really a fantastic show.

No comments: